Art Therapy is one of the most expressive techniques and one of our favoriets. There are many ways and mediums to explore this constructive form of human expression, relaxation, that also makes you a smarter person by promoting new brain synapsis and motor skills.
For centuries, this form of therapy has been instrumental in assesing and treating a variety of psychological, and physical disorders as well as finding new creative approaches on how to improve the quality of living for everyone involved.
You don't have to be a talented artist or even a crafty person to receive the great benefits of experienceing the entire process of producing a piece of artwork. From painting, to carving a block of wood or rubber, to glass making, we've found that being focused on any creative process will give you a relaxed and balanced state of mind and body during and long after you do it.
In future posts we'll explore the amazing therapeutic benefits of diverse art disciplines that we feature in our menu.
If you'd like to have a small taste of the Art Power we're talking about try the following:
1. Grab a piece of paper and a pencil.
2. Start coloring or filling in the corners of the paper with very small lines, focusing on the small traces and drawing towards the center of the page.
3. After all your edges are filled a couple of inches deep, change the patern.
4. Continue filling in and changing patterns for no less than 5 min and stop.
5. Close your eyes, take 5 deep breaths, exhale slowly...and let us know how you feel after this quick mindfullness excercise.
Thank you for reading!